Full or part time music positions, that are currently open at local churches or academic institutions, posted in the order of date submitted. To submit an available position, fill out and submit the form here.
Baytown — Approximately 25 minutes from downtown Houston
Position: Part-time Organist/Choir Director
Trinity Episcopal Church Baytown
5010 N. Main Street
Baytown, Texas 77521
Contact Person: The Rev. Meredith Crigler
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone:(281) 421-0090
Number and Times of Services:
One Sunday service per week usually at 9:00 AM plus special holidays.
Number and Times of Midweek Rehearsals:
Currently one on Thursday evenings for one hour
- Prepare and present service music: prelude, offertory, hymns, service music, postlude
- Direct adult choir and handbell rehearsals (currently sing/ring once a month)
- Collaborate with and support the youth choir, under the direction of Mrs. Amy Waltz-Reasonover.
- Work with the Rector to plan music for services, including special services such as but not limited to Holy Week.
We seek someone with solid interpersonal skills who is an experienced organist familiar with liturgical traditions and directing a small adult choir. If one is not already familiar with the Episcopal tradition, we will provide training and a mentor for those willing to learn.
- Support — professionally and spiritually — of an enthusiastic Episcopal priest.
- Small adult choir who does their homework and sings in parts with practice
- Allen organ
- Dedicated music room with storage
We are seeking to fill this position immediately for the long term and will be accepting applications and interviewing immediately. After the storm and a long search, we are a church with a new rector and together are energized to grow in many areas— including our music. Salary based in part on education and experience.
Posted: June 7, 2018