Full or part time music positions, that are currently open at local churches or academic institutions, posted in the order of date submitted. To submit an available position, fill out and submit the form here To ask that a position be removed, contact the webmaster.
St. Peter’s Episcopal Church
2310 Airline Dr.
Brenham, Texas 77835
Contact Wendy Bergin
Phone: (281) 435-0523
Church Phone: (979) 836-7248
Number and Times of Services:
One Sunday service at 10:30 a.m.
Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Vigil, Christmas Eve
Number and Times of Midweek Rehearsals
Choir Rehearsal: Sundays only at 9:00 a.m.
- Lead choir rehearsals, choose choir music, lead choir in services.
- Provide organ and piano music and accompaniment, including, prelude, postlude, hymnody, service music, choral anthems, and offertory music.
- Assign vocal and instrumental solos and coordinate soloists.
- Other music responsibilities as designated by the rector, including weddings and funerals.
- The organist will receive first option to provide music for weddings, funerals. Compensation for such events is separate from regular pay.
- Serve as liaison for and oversee choral intern program.
- Recruit new choir members.
- Prepare the music budget as needed for the choral program for each fiscal year.
- Ensure the maintenance and care of instruments, music library, choir room.
- Audition, hire and manage choral interns and guest musicians.
- Advise the Rector and Vestry on physical needs relating to music facilities and/or instruments.
- Perform other duties as may be requested or required by the Rector within the scope and intent of the job of Music Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in Music
- 3 years’ experience as organist or choirmaster
- Excellent keyboard skills, sight-reading, and knowledge of registrations
- Conversant with traditional hymns and sacred music
- Ability to lead and support congregational singing of hymns
- Comfortable with organ improvisation in a liturgical setting
- A team player with excellent communication skills and the ability to work with volunteer musicians, adults, youth
- Previous experience in an Episcopal church a plus
Posted August 12, 2020
Part Time Professional Accompanist
First Presbyterian Church
1903 Church St
Galveston, Texas 77551
Contact: Marsha Scoggin
Number and Times of Services: One service at 11 AM on Sunday
Number and Times of Midweek Rehearsals: 6 PM Wednesday evenings – choir rehearsal
Rest of time flexible, as long as the 10 hours a week worked.
- Provide organ and/or piano music for Sunday worship services and rehearsals, as well as for special services during the year (such as Holy Week, Christmas cantata, Christmas Eve, etc.), along with weddings and funerals
- Significant knowledge and training in keyboard skills, including pipe organ
- Strong musicianship
- Church environment experience
- Ability to play a broad spectrum of traditional and contemporary Christian music, including both note reading and chord reading
Organ and piano
Please visit our website to see the full job description. We are also looking for a Director of Music Ministry, with a job description on that same site. We are open to one person filling both or one person in each.
Posted July 14, 2020