Full or part time music positions, that are currently open at local churches or academic institutions, posted in the order of date submitted. To submit an available position, fill out and submit the form here To ask that a position be removed, contact the webmaster.
Part Time Interim Music Director/Organist
St. James the Apostle Episcopal Church
1803 Highland Hollow Drive
Conroe, Texas 77304
Number and Times of Services: 2 — 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
Number and Times of Midweek Rehearsals: 1 — 7 p.m. Thursdays (through Lent)
- Rehearse choir mid-week
- Rehearse choir on Sunday between services
- Play and direct choir during Sunday services
Experience directing adult choir and hand-bell choir, as well as excellent judgment in the selection of music for a variety of worship settings. A degree or certificate in music from a recognized school or academy is preferred.
Our main organ is a 3-Manual Allen Organ. We also have a 3 rank Wicks Choir Pipe Organ in the choir loft
This interim period begins immediately and is expected to continue at least through Easter, perhaps longer depending on the search process.
Posted February 28, 2020
Part Time Organist
St. Timothy’s Episcopal Church
200 Oyster Creek Dr
Lake Jackson, Texas 77566-4402
Contact: Jackie Koch
Number and Times of Services: 8:00 a.m. said service, 10:30 a.m. with choirs
Number and Times of Midweek Rehearsals: 1 – Wednesday evening
- Coordinate with the Director of Music and the Rector in planning, preparing, and playing music appropriate to each service of worship.
- Prepare appropriate music for all annual special services: Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and two Christmas Eve services and others as determined by Rector.
- Prepare sufficiently for optimum performance on the organ or piano for both rehearsals and worship.
- Be responsible for reporting repairs and maintenance required of the church owned musical instruments including the organ, pianos, bells, and any electronic keyboards.
- Accompany scheduled rehearsals of the Senior Choir, Joiful Noise, handbell, and the Children’s Choir.
- Accompany soloists in worship as needed.
- Play for special gatherings of the church when requested by the Director of Music.
- Play for funerals or weddings as available. (Compensation handled separately)
- Work with Director of Music to secure appropriate substitutes for worship services or special events when not available.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Music.
- Candidate should be able to play prelude, hymns, service music, anthem, and postlude. The Church has a Visser-Rowland tracker with three-manual console and 16 stops.
- Candidate will also be expected to accompany our choirs during services. Most weeks will have one service on Sunday and choir ensemble rehearsals from 6-9 on Wednesday. Some weeks may have more services especially during Holy Week and Christmas.
- We offer competitive compensation to the organist who will coordinate with the Director the Music of our worship services. Experience with or degree in sacred music a big plus especially including that of Anglican service music and English choral music.
The choir wing of our facility comprises a practice room office as well as bell choir room with instruments and vesting. A focal point of our music program at St. Timothy’s is the Visser-Rowland pipe organ of three manuals and sixteen stops. Installed in 1981, the organ is a contemporary realization of a traditional form. Its architectural aspect has been used for centuries, and its proximity to the congregation aids in the singing of service music and hymns. More information about the instrument is on our website.
Qualified candidates should send their resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. More information can be found at www.stimothy.org/musicjob.
Posted December 20, 2019